All Line Cooks + BOH Team Members:
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Work cooperatively and efficiently in a team environment
- Have the ability to perform calmly under pressure
- Uses critical thinking and reasoning skills to solve problems quickly
- Manage time effectively
- Understand and follow written and verbal directions well, and ask questions for clarity when necessary
- Learn new recipes and new procedures quickly
- Work collaboratively while being responsible for their individual stations. All line cooks prep all dishes and their specific sets (sauce, veg, garnish) for volume on each day
- Are responsible for storing their mis en place properly, breaking down and cleaning their station, shutting off all equipment, and participating in cleaning and sanitizing the kitchen fully when the restaurant closes
- Are able to left up to 50 lbs repetively
- Are able to move independently around the ground and kitchen, including on gravel paths
- Are able to stand for extended periods of time
Garde Manger means “the keeper of food,” in practice this station prepares and plates cold dishes. From oysters, to charcuterie boards, to intricate salads and fish crudos, this station produces dishes with precise detail and attention to product that sets the tone in the dining experience for the other courses to follow.
Who You Are:
- You have a basic grasp on palate – i.e. you can season to taste
- You have some prior restaurant exposure, either you're a culinary school graduate, have previous restaurant work or internship experience
- You can multitask
- You understand what it means to have a sense of urgency, you complete tasks in a timely and organized manner
- You are committed to Troutbeck’s mission statement and culinary ethos; you handle product with care and respect
- You treats fellow line cooks with respect and have a positive attitude
- You have the ability to work calmly under pressure
- You have the aility to self direct and motivate when given a list
Roast + Entrement
As a high level line cook, you are expected to set up, prep and execute your station with excellent time management, attention to quality, and precision of handling proteins, product, and plating.
As Roast you will manage the station that produces our prime quality meat entrees. As such you will have a keen ability to season proteins, cook proteins of various kinds to precise temperatures, and manage the vegetable, sauce, and garnish accoutrements from prep to plate up. You will be able to multi task and manage the prep and plate up of 4-7 dishes from your station.
As Entrement you will manage the station that produces our fish, pasta, and vegetarian entrees. As such you will produce our pasta from scratch, roll it out, shape it and store it with care. As Entrement, you will also have a keen ability to filet and handle fish of various kinds. You will have a strong palate the season to taste and ability to manage multiple plate ups during service. As entrement you will also call tickets, expo from your station on slower nights in the absence of a sous chef or an expo. You are considered the leader of the line, and should demonstrate temperament that inspires confidence and team work in your fellow line cooks.
Who You Are:
- You have at a minimum basic butchery skills, pasta making, saucier, precise knife work, and previous line cook experience
- You have the ability to keep pace during service, manage multiple dishes on station, and work collaboratively with fellow line cooks
- You have a base knowledge of farm to table cookery with excitement to expand and participate in local sourcing and seasonal cooking